Statement – Monday March 5, 2018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Following the weather-related disruption, an update for customers from Stephen Crocker, Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive.

I would firstly like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding during the week we hosted Matthew Bourne’s Cinderella. We were pleased to welcome everyone who was able to attend this magical production. However, we also understand a number of loyal Norwich Theatre Royal attendees could not enjoy it because of the weather conditions and we will be offering all those bookers a gesture of goodwill.

Like all other presenting theatres, we do not retain 100 per cent of the ticket price of any of the shows we present. Our share of ticket sales for Cinderella was 20 per cent, with the other 80 per cent covering the cost of bringing New Adventures’ world-class 50-strong company of dancers, technical crew and support staff to Norwich.

Our terms and conditions of purchase do state that, except in the case of a show being cancelled, no refund or part-refund is available after a ticket is purchased. As the whole New Adventures company was in Norwich and able to perform, no shows were cancelled.

However, as a one-off gesture of goodwill, we will credit the accounts of those customers who were not able to attend, due to the exceptionally bad weather conditions, with 20 per cent of the amount they paid for their tickets which is equivalent to the income Theatre Royal would have received from those tickets.

The Cinderella company went above and beyond in their efforts to make sure they provided the more than 4,500 people who were able to attend the production with a fantastic performance. We are extremely grateful to them for their incredible efforts and look forward to continuing to work with them in the future.  I would also like to praise the incredible dedication of our whole team across the Theatre Royal, Playhouse and Stage Two for pulling together in extremely challenging circumstances to live the mantra ‘the show must go on’.

Ticket-holders who were not able to make it to the theatre will all be contacted with full details of the credits to their accounts in due course, which are available for 36 months from the date of issue. We have kept a record of all those who didn’t attend, so there is no need for those ticket-holders to contact us in the meantime.