Here at the Theatre Royal, we are delighted to have an impressive range of live music gracing our stage, as part of our latest brochure. To give you a taste of what is coming up, we have curated a Spotify playlist of our favourite tracks.
This season features a number of musicals from iconic classics such as Miss Saigon, Jersey Boys & Grease, to up-and-coming musicals such as Fat Friends, Cilla, and of course, Matilda.
Bands & artists from across the world will be bringing high energy performances to the theatre. Famous for their 10 hit albums and their very own musical ‘Sunshine on Leith’, charismatic Scottish twins The Proclaimers will be showcasing their charm and melodic folk-rock. Having recently completed her ITV special, the incredibly diverse Sheridan Smith* will be performing from her smooth, self-titled debut album. Deacon Blue* will be celebrating their 30th Anniversary and renaissance, having released three powerhouse pop/rock albums in recent years.
This season graces the Theatre Royal with not just one, but two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers! Nils Lofgren, joins us for an intimate acoustic evening of songs and stories. Having collaborated with Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young & Ringo Starr, he’s jammed with the very best and established himself as a virtuoso guitarist. Justin Hayward is best known for his work as the lead singer of The Moody Blues; with classic hits such as Nights in White Satin and Melancholy Man, he will be showcasing his trademark soaring vocals.
Following last year’s sell-out show, Sixties Gold returns with an even stronger line-up of artists that, between them, scored over 50 UK Top 30 hits. Acts include The Searchers, The Merseybeats, The Fortunes, Steve Ellis, Vanity Fare and special guest P.J. Proby. Young Irish sensation Nathan Carter will be bringing his blend of Country music with Celtic and Pop influences – with an eclectic range of covers and originals.
Reinforcing our status as the pioneering classical music provider in the region, we continue to showcase operatic and orchestral performances: We welcome Glyndebourne’s 50th Anniversary Tour performing La traviata & Cendrillon (Cinderella), and the English Touring Opera with performances of Marriage of Figaro & Gianni Schicchi / Il Tabarro.
Be sure to get a copy of the latest brochure, click here to listen in the Spotify app, and read the full tracklist below:
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – Beggin’ (Jersey Boys the Musical)
- The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) [The Proclaimers]
- Nathan Carter – Hey Ho (Nathan Carter)
- Matilda the Musical – When I Grow Up (Matilda the Musical)
- Dolly Parton – Jolene (A Country Night In Nashville)
- Daniel O’Donnell – Sweet Caroline (Daniel O’Donnell)
- Miss Saigon – Last Night of the World (Miss Saigon the Musical)
- Sheridan Smith – Crazy (Sheridan In Concert)
- John Travolta & Olivia Newton John – Summer Nights (Grease – Youth Theatre Company)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Sull’aria from The Marriage of Figaro (English Touring Opera)
- Deacon Blue – Fergus Sings the Blues (Deacon Blue)
- Shrek Ensemble – I’m a Believer (Shrek the Musical)
- Nils Lofgren – Man In the Moon (Nils Lofgren)
- Sheridan Smith & Alex Gaumond – Legally Blonde (Legally Blonde the Musical)
- Cilla Black – Step Inside Love (Cilla the Musical)
- Guiseppe Verdi – Brindisi (Glyndebourne’s La traviata)
- The Moody Blues – Nights in White Satin (Justin Hayward)
- P.J. Proby – Hold Me (Sixties Gold)
*Indicates sold-out performances.